Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Government is not Canada

I need to separate the two so my head will not explode. Just like The Government is not the US as I must remind many people when talking badly about things happening in my former nation.

Harper and the Governor General have done something I believe is far worse than George Bush ever did. They literally make the government cease to function for months. Proroguing Parliament as a way to avoid facing scrutiny is beyond the lying the way George Bush and his team did. I just hope this turns out the way it did in the US when Republicans shut down the government in the 90's. The backlash was extraordinary.

Back to training our 3 months old puppies, it takes time, effort and vigilance the same thing we need to do to train our politicians into remembering they work for us.